Make Your Account
Signup for associated jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. You are able to unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our objective would be to offer you aren’t a way to better monetary wellness.
LendUp is really a technology that is financial located in Oakland centered on changing the subprime credit and financing area. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for example Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item has been found in 7 states and we’ve seen great press protection into the Wall Street Journal, Financial days, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Just What we’re doing:
At LendUp we have been on an objective to give you a person with a path to higher economic wellness. Huge numbers of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are usually unfair and limited, plus it’s very easy to be caught in a financial obligation cycle. Here is the very first problem LendUp attempted to re solve, through the use of our mixed expertise in computer computer pc software, information technology, credit, and training, to the provided passion for monetary health insurance and dignity.
Our core product, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternative solution to payday advances that transforms a trap into a way to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each time, we come across our clients succeed. We’re building additional lending options that can help us further speed up our objective of supplying you aren’t a course to raised monetary wellness.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel will likely be accountable for involved in close partnership with specific sections and get a cross functional groups to supply appropriate and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its products.
- Advise company partners who’re taking care of brand new and existing services and services and products from item development through launch, including compliance advising in terms of such services and products
- Offer timely, succinct and business-focused advice that is legal federal and state consumer banking and financing guidelines, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security regulations.
- Advise the LendUp item group on item advertising, ads and disclosures.
- Offer regulatory advice to LendUp’s commercial and federal federal government relations counsel to aid with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Offer regulatory advice and support to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Utilize banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other product security
- Instruct and handle counsel that is outside because necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing certification needs, including getting and keeping licenses
- Structure and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Handle litigation and work things, and any matter impacting company, as required to offer the company
- A high-caliber that is proven experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing room
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of dilemmas pertaining to the economic solutions industry, with certain expertise on customer banking that is digital individuals in several re re payments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, such as the legislation, foibles associated with banking institutions and state certified
- Deep knowledge of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state laws and regulations linked to lending
- Capability to balance working individually with small guidance and working closely and collaboratively within a little team that is legal
- Power to interface efficiently along with degrees of the corporation (professional management, HR, company divisions, etc. ) also to gain the trust and confidence of other people
- A keen feeling of ownership, and very adaptable up to a fast-changing environment
- A solid company focus with practical danger understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including in-house that is practicing a fast paced FinTech startup business ( or perhaps in a comparable environment) for at the least 36 months, with significant consider consumer financing
- Preferred candidate could have experience employed in the re payments space, straight with regulators representing licensed businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex services contracts that are financial
- Established solution oriented and problem that is creative
- Power to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with effective quality of conflicting priorities
- Exceptional written and oral interaction abilities and capability to work both in groups and individually
- Admitted to your CA a situation club or authorized in-house counsel with hawaii Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from the mission-driven business, like a competitive income; very early phase equity; 100% business paid medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; generous vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right right here’s everything we really like about LendUp lifestyle:
- We’re focused on a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and produces a significant and work environment that is impactful
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, same objective. ” We’re passionate about diverse prospects while having slack networks committed to anything from mu
LendUp can be an opportunity that is equal
We increase equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and workers for a basis that is equal of a person’s age, competition, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, disability, sexual orientation, sex identification or phrase, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or other explanation protected for legal reasons.